Saturday 24 April 2021

I'm migrating from Eudora mail client to Pandora Mail

I've been using the Eudora email client for Windows since 1998.

image

 

The paid (Eudora Pro) version reached version 7.1.0.9 before Qualcomm decommitted the product in 2006, but like others I kept using Eudora because it has some features that competitive email clients simply can't match. It still works very well, even now in 2021, but in a couple of areas such as UTF-8 character encoding its age is showing.

 

.A few days ago I purchased a licence for the Pandora Mail client, and as you can see its UI looks quite similar (but certainly is not identical):

image

 

it's my intention in this new blog of mine to document my experiences with migration from Eudora to Pandora and then, over time, to share my ongoing experiences/opinions of Pandora Mail's current features and discuss ways that Pandora might be enhanced.

 

It's early days. So far, I have use its "Importing Witch" to migrate all my Eudora mailboxes, Contacts, Labels and Messages:
image

 

However the "witch" seems to fail in migrating Eudora's mail Filters. Over the decades with Eudora I have set up many fulters to handle incoming/outgoing mail messages (hundreds of them). I consider Eudora's implementation of filters yo be one of the  features that distinguish Eudora significantly from all the other email clients that I've tested.

 

For me. not getting the filters migrated over to Pandora Mail could well be a showstopper. I've a;ready filed a bug report with Brana,  Pandora's developer, who has sent an initial reply to start a support dialog. Watch this blog for further news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please identify yourself is some reasonable way when posting comments, and remember that spam will be removed without recourse.

Send To Browser – How to get it to work in Pandora Mail

In Eudora mail client, the precursor to Pandora Mail, there's a very easy way to open a message; in your Windows default web browser. Yo...